New member recruitment for Fall 2015/16
Recruitment briefing slides (UPDATED!)
SIGHT values and believes in students' creative power, and dedicates to inspire and empower students to develop health technology for sustainable implementation in developing areas.
Outstanding team members will be sponsored for a service-learning trip to sites of service partners. They will implement the SIGHT projects and be the first to see the impact of HKUST student design.
SIGHT is looking for:
- A creative UG student from any background passionate about transforming ideas into real impacts;
- A challenge-taker ready to confront and contribute to global health issues;
- A committed group member willing to put SIGHT on top priority;
- A collaborative team player appreciating and growing upon each other’s knowledge;
- A humble person who will listen to the underprivileged and see them equal; and
- A global citizen across borders of different disciplines, geographical regions and culture diversity.
How to join SIGHT projects?
If you are a CSE final year student, these two FYPs is for you!
- "Electronic Health Record (EHR) on mobile platforms for an NGO partner in Cambodia" supervised by Prof. Shing Chi CHEUNG (FULL)
- "Open Source Electronic Health Record (EHR) for Primary Health Care in Developing Countries" supervised by Prof. Frederick H. Lochovsky
If you are a MAE final year student, this FYDP is for you!
- "Low-cost Arduino-based Micro Electrochemical Biosensor for Developing Countries (Cambodia)" by Prof. Yi-Kuen Lee
Know more details and apply for these topics in the FY(D)P webpage of your department. Act now!
ALL majors and years welcome! This year, SIGHT has more new project topics coming! In SIGHT CAMP, students will confront the real health-related problems in low-resource communities presented by NGO or government partners. They will be empowered with mindsets and skills to innovate health technologies for low-resource settings. The selection of campers is based mostly on students’ commitment to SIGHT and the skill set matching with SIGHT projects, rather than academic performance. Not simply technical focus, but also sustainable implementation and a human touch!
Please send your CV together with a short statement on why you are interested to join the program to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 16 (Sat).
- Apr 30 Briefing session for both schemes (6:00-7:00 pm, LTE)
- May 16 Deadline of application
- May 31 Result announcement